Sunday 6 January 2013

The world needs another blog like I need another chocolate biscuit.



Not me - but it might as well have been

I have decided to try and get my thoughts about speech radio - and most notably comedy and drama - scrawled as coherently as I can on this virtual toilet wall.

I've never done anything like it before.






Why?

I have probably listened to the radio every single day of my life since I was a tiny child - I've been entertained, informed, amused, aghast, impressed and deflated by the sounds I've heard. This is the approach I wish to take with my blog - a listener with something to say. 

And hopefully a listener who can persuade, encourage and tempt non-listeners into a world of information, stimulation and imagination.

Taking the piss or pointing out short-comings is easy. So I'll probably do that at first ... but what I really want to do is have something constructive to say about an aspect of popular culture in the UK about which I care passionately.

I have no idea if anyone will ever read this - but there's little point in the false modesty of thinking "I'm doing this for me" - I already know what I think about stuff.  I want to find and converse with others who might share my point of view - or oppose it.

I just hope I can make it interesting (and short!) enough to catch somebody's attention.

Biscuit, anyone?



Yummy







2 comments:

  1. Comment testing continued....
    And, in addition, even if it is not "for me" (you?), at least it will be "for you": in the sense that having to write your thoughts into a coherent linear(-ish) stream will help move your thinks onward and upward. Or something. Anyway, I am enjoying your blog (I am reading in reverse -- just read about the "interventions" -- they sound interesting/painful). :) Keep lobbing them bloggings!

    ReplyDelete